[Samba] Re: New user seeking information

Chris de Vidal cdevidal at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 25 16:40:55 GMT 2003

--- lewis.holcombe at dot.state.fl.us wrote:
> I run an application on an HPUX 11.0 system that
> creates report files daily
> and I am wanting to have those files placed on a W2K
> server instead of the
> local drive during creation.  Can I do this w/
> Samba?   Thanks for your
> time.

I don't see why not.  Install Samba, join your NT/AD
domain (if you have one), put a mountpoint in
/etc/fstab for your W2K server, mount it, modify your
app to use the new mountpoint.

Specifics of this can be found in man smbmount,
/usr/share/doc/samba-X.X.X (might be different in HP
UX), Samba.org in Documentation, on Google, or in good
books (I like "Using Samba 2.0" (O'Reilly) out this
month or "Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours" (Sams).

Also you can search this mailing list at
marc.theaimsgroup.com.

/dev/idal