[Samba] Strange behaviour on Win98

"Marc Schütz (PPS)" schuetz at tsk-troester.de
Tue Feb 25 15:54:25 GMT 2003

I am currently trying to integrate a Samba v2.2.5 server into an NT domain.

I have already succeeded to join the server into the domain and have
authentication working (security = DOMAIN), but when I'm trying to
access it from a Win98 client, it sometimes says "network name not
found", although the server is visible in the "network neighbourhood".

Then, after waiting a few minutes/seconds, I suddenly can access it
again, but other clients still can't find the server.

The domain controller however doesn't seem to have this problem.

All of our workstations as well as the server use IP and IPX protocols;
could that be the problem?

Does anybody have any suggestions/solutions to this problem?

(Attached is my smb.conf)

Thanks in advance,
Marc Schütz PPS

PS: please CC me, I'm not on the list...