[Samba] Figuring out name of Kerberos server?

Herb Lewis herb at sgi.com
Tue Feb 25 14:03:53 GMT 2003

The name of the kerberos server is the same as your PDC.

Alexander Skwar wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm on a conquest to get Samba 3.0 to authenticate against an Active
> Directory.  For this, I need to have Kerberos working.  However, I don't
> know the name of our Kerberos server.
>
> If I've got a Windows machine which is part of the Active Directory, can
> I somehow get it to tell me the name of the Kerberos server?
>
> Or could I use a packet sniffer to get the name of the server?  What
> should I look for?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Alexander Skwar
> --
> Mit wie vielen Sachen vergeuden wir unsere Zeit und fragen
> uns im nachhinein, wo sie denn geblieben ist...
>
> --

Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177
PGP Key: 0x8408D65D