[Samba] SAMBA PDC User Permissions, Admin Settings, and Logon?

Eirik Thorsnes eirik.thorsnes at fys.uib.no
Tue Feb 25 08:50:06 GMT 2003

Rob Savage wrote:
> Hey Nolan,
>
> I can easily give you an answer to I3
>
>>Issue 3: This is my main frustration - I cannot seem to block access to
>>other peoples shares! EG user chrisg can access the nolan share, etc.
>>

>>[homes]
>>        comment = Home Directory for %u
>>        read only = No
>>        create mask = 0660
>>        directory mask = 0770
>>        browseable = No
>>        oplocks = No
>>        level2 oplocks = No
>
> Try adding these:
>
> Valid users = %U
> Path = /home/%u
> Guest ok = No
> ---
> Have an excellent day,
>
> Rob Savage

AFAIK the special homes share needs %S instead of %U in valid users.
I don't think it is necessary to specify path (or perhaps even invalid?).

Samba will allways respect Unix permissions, so you can also set users
home dir to 0700 to block access.

Eirik Thorsnes

--
Never let a computer know you're in a hurry.
-Anonymous