[Samba] Infrasoft MX very slow loading from Samba share

peter.a.bryant at mainroads.qld.gov.au peter.a.bryant at mainroads.qld.gov.au
Tue Feb 25 06:56:32 GMT 2003

The clients are XP and 2000 boxes.

I have looked at the logs and noticed that MX opens a HECK of a LOT of files
when it opens a single drawing.
In one section of the log I estimate it opens about 3300 files in 105 seconds.
Probably small files - I think macros etc.
I will try and explore a bit further before posting any more.
I was just hoping some other Samba person out there was using MX and could give
their experience.

Thanks for your interest Jerry.

-peter.

"Gerald (Jerry) Carter" <jerry at samba.org> on 25/02/2003 01:33:58 PM

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 peter.a.bryant at mainroads.qld.gov.au wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone is aware of any conflicts between MX and Samba.
> Or if anyone is successfully storing MX files on their Samba server.

Sounds like oplock break timeouts.  What is the client os?
I've never heard any feedback from Infrasoft MX users, so I
can't comment on it.

cheers, jerry

Opinions contained in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect
the opinions of the Queensland Department of Main Roads,
Queensland Transport or National Transport Secretariat, or
endorsed organisations utilising the same infrastructure.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error,
please immediately notify the sender and delete the message
from your computer.