[Samba] NT_STATUS question

Robert Adkins II radkins at impelind.com
Mon Feb 24 22:55:58 GMT 2003

Andrew,

	I am definitely not running Samba with a log level that high.
There are times when I see a number of Samba error messages at the
console. Nobody took the time to answer why they show up there and I was
unable to locate any information as to why they show up on the console.
I imagine that many of those will cease if there was a method to keep
Windows from causing such "errors" to occur.

	It hasn't really caused me any major issues at this time, as the
network I am running is still quite small. (less then 20 users) However,
I could see that being a potential issue in the future, if Samba is
attempting to service those requests as the number of users increase
there will be an increase in the number of times that Samba needs to
say, "No, there isn't such a file" to the Windows clients.

	Your suggestion to create a VFS module to handle that issue
sounds interesting. I am completely lost as to where to begin looking,
besides googling for it, do you have a link or two that you would
recommend to introduce someone to VFS modules?

	Thanks.

Regards,
Robert Adkins II
IT Manager/Buyer