[Samba] SWAT

Robert Adkins II radkins at impelind.com
Mon Feb 24 22:17:25 GMT 2003

Clementina,

	I had issues with running Swat myself. I ended up running webmin
(www.webmin.com) on the server. This system gives you a great and fairly
easy to use method of configuring Samba, even though it does not support
all Samba features.

	The Samba component to Webmin also contains a fully-running Swat
installation.

	If you are introducing OpenSource software, I would definitely
include Webmin as one of the tools. That software is quite powerful and
capable of helping with the administration of many UNIX and related
Operating Systems.

Regards,
Robert Adkins II
IT Manager/Buyer