[Samba] 95 and NT cannot access shares

William R. Knox wknox at mitre.org
Mon Feb 24 17:36:24 GMT 2003

The information provided here about the use of encrypted passwords is not
true. NT began to ENFORCE the use of encrypted passwords with SP3, and
Win95 the same with (I believe) OSR2, but ALL versions of these OSes
supported encrypted passwords.

			Bill Knox
			Senior Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
			The MITRE Corporation