[Samba] first accessing swat - connection refused

Joy Morris jmorris at tdpackaging.com
Mon Feb 24 17:10:57 GMT 2003

System RedHat Linux 7.2
Samba version 2.2.7a

Hi guys - hope this isn't too much of a faq - I have gone through samba
configuration following the instructions in the O'Reilly guide really
carefully and can get samba to run if I manually create/edit smb.conf but
just cannot get swat to run - when I try I just get a dialog box come up
with "The connection was refused when attempting to contact 10.1.1.2:901"

Anyone any ideas?  This is the second machine this has happened on - the
last machine I just configured by hand but I would love to get swat running.
This machine is a fresh install and I have installed samba by dowloading
source and compiling.  Last machine I installed via binary.

Most of my other Linux problems have boiled down to pam so if that is the
case this time it wouldn't surprise me :-)

TIA

Joy