[Samba] Large (3000+ users) NT to Samba migration

David Wilson dave at dcdata.co.za
Mon Feb 24 16:42:09 GMT 2003

Hi guys and girls,

A client of mine is seriously investigating migrating their 7 NT servers and
3000+ users to Linux running Samba.
I've read one or two documents so far about the migration, but I'm still a
little unclear about a number of things.

When you have a chance I'd really appreciate your guidance on the following
items.
1.) LDAP, /etc/passwd or MySQL backend (if supported).
2.) User/machine account migration utilities.
3.) Front-ends for adding user/machine accounts.
4.) Configuration of BDC(s).

Or any links to the information would be great.

Many thanks and kind regards.

David Wilson
DcData/LinuxBox S.A.
+27 83 787 7424
ICQ#: 114636368
http://www.dcdata.co.za
http://www.linuxbox.co.za

NOTICE: Please note that as of 31/01/2003
all service requests must be sent to
support at dcdata.co.za