[Samba] 95 and NT cannot access shares

Don Zajic donald.zajic at verizon.net
Mon Feb 24 09:22:44 GMT 2003

Off the top of my head, I would say that using Encrypted passwords is
greate for W2K and XP, however, 95 does not use encrypted passwords and
unless you are using SP3 or above on NT, it also does not use encrypted
password.  Since you are mixing your flavors of Windows from 95 to XP,
you probably need to disable encrypted password and use plain text
passwords throughout your domain.

encrypt password = no

You also need to apply the .reg files to change from encrypted to
plaintext according to your windows version.  These .reg files are
located in your docs/Registry directory.

Don Zajic