[Samba] cupsaddsmb - why the heck can'tIgetrpcclient-addprinterto work?

Brian Johnson bjohnson at jecinc.on.ca
Fri Feb 21 17:47:42 GMT 2003

> You don't even need to "unzip" the file. Just do "rpm -ta
> cups-1.18.tar.gz"

Wow ... good to know

Sounds really good, but I ran it and got:
error: File not found: /var/tmp/cups-root/etc/pam.d
error: File not found by glob: /var/tmp/cups-root/etc/pam.d/*

With locate pam.d | grep cups I found:
/etc/pam.d/cups
so I did mkdir /var/tmp/cups-root/etc/pam.d; cp -r /etc/pam.d/cups
/var/tmp/cups-root/etc/pam.d

but when I reran "rpm -ta cups-1.18.tar.gz" it came up with the same error
(I guess it deleted the existing /var/tmp/cups-root)

I'm working on debugging it, but does anyone have tips?