[Samba] home directories

Stand H hstandit at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 23 05:26:40 GMT 2003

Hi,

> [homes]
>         comment = Home
>         path = %H
>         valid users = %S
>         read only = No
>         create mask = 0770
>         directory mask = 0770

I just leave the default setting and it works now.
I dont set path and valid users as [homes] is special.
Samba will create user's home directory share on the
fly when I browse.

> I aslo want to do like I usually do on W$. I have
> one
> folder called "users". I share it and in users
> folder
> there are home directories for all users. I only
> share
> users directory. Any users can open users directory
> and see all other users' home directory but he/she
> cant open other users' home directories. He/She can
> only open his/her directory. Can I do like this on
> Samba? Please give me the example if possible?
>
> Yes. But, users don't need to know who else is
> on the system??

A user can see all the directories in the Users folder
but can only open her own home directory.

> One more thing, there seem to be fewer Access
> Control
> options than Windows, I call it ACL in W$. Is it
> possible to implement ACL for any shares like ACL in
> W$?

Yes.

You said "Yes". Does it mean it is possible to
implement ACL like the ACL in W$?

Thanks,

Stand