[Samba] samba authentication

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Sat Feb 22 21:10:10 GMT 2003

On Sat, 2003-02-22 at 15:55, Daniel Provin wrote:
> okay
>
> so, I just need to activate the pam_smbpass module to keep de smbpass with
> the last password
>
> but is there any way to build an initial list of passwords from
> unix passwords?
well
you could crack all your users passwords...
probably wouldn't take more than a few weeks if you're using crypt.

seriously - i don't know an easy way to deal with this problem.
You might be able to configure pam to update the samba password upon
login.
or put the smbpasswd program into the logon script so that your users
change it when the log in

brad
--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>