[Samba] samba, win2k and logon scripts

Jaroslaw Berezowski jaroslaw_berezowski at poczta.onet.pl
Sat Feb 22 16:56:06 GMT 2003

2003-02-22 15:13:21, Khanh Tran <khanh at slc.edu> napisał:

>Are the WinNT/Win9x clients actually executing what's in the script?  Can
>you post your login script?  WinNT and win2k are very closely related, such
>that if WinNT can execute the script, Win2k will most likely be able to as
>well.
Nothing special, just:
NET USE X: \\GATE\SETI

It's in proper MSDOS CR\LF format and in command tool I can do:
\\GATE\NETLOGON\logon.cmd
and it works that time.

I have looked into smbd log with debug level 3 and it doesn't seem that win2k client even
tries to access logon.cmd.

BTW: This is my home network setup. I manage an office net at my work with Win2k,
WinNT 4.0 and Win9x clients and similar Samba configuration. All works fine except
logon scriptts for Win2k :(. (at work, I have pesonalized %U.bat scripts)

--
Jaroslaw "Jaros" Berezowski