[Samba] RE: Samba installed: but not working - Please help!

Das, Shalini Shalini.Das at opodo.com
Fri Feb 21 17:58:14 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I just installed samba and this is the problem I'm facing:  Test 8 of the
DIAGNOSIS.txt document fails.I get the error "network path not found" The
file says :

- fixup the nmbd installation
- add the IP address of BIGSERVER to the "wins server" box in the
advanced tcp/ip setup on the PC.
- enable windows name resolution via DNS in the advanced section of
the tcp/ip setup
- add BIGSERVER to your lmhosts file on the PC.

I tried adding the mapping to my lmhosts file but it didnt help. And I cant
quite understand what the other steps mean? Can you please help? quite
desperate here!

Thanks a lot
Shalini