[Samba] please reply

fogboy at movementbuilding.org fogboy at movementbuilding.org
Fri Feb 21 17:12:32 GMT 2003

3rd post on this issue - it would be great if a Samba
person could please reply to the list or to me
regarding this issue (since no other posts on the lists
relevant to mac have addressed it) -

** if you don't beleive it's a bug or think there's
nothing about samba itself that can be done, please say
so and we'll be done.

** if you don't think it's an important enough issue,
please say so and we'll be done.

** if you haven't responded yet because there's too
many issues to address and you need more time, that
would be fine, if we could just get SOME sort of
response, even "stand by, we are trying to figure it
out...".

thanks.

original post:
---------------
i've got 3 shares active on a debian box, accessing
them fine from an OS X g4 and 2 win 98 boxes (the were
set up and configured via the samba web admin tool from
a browser when using gnome)(os X is 10.2.1)

when i access dirs on those shares from the PC's,
there's no problem, read, write all good.

but from the mac, 2 important yuk things happen -

1. after closing folders and their subfolders, then
closing windows, i come back to that folder right away
or after other operations, and the folders and
subfolders i closed are open as before. v. odd

2. the cmd-option-arrow or opt-arrow keystrokes
normally used in the os X finder don't work in those
folders that are in the share

any pointers much appreciated!
thanks
eli