[Samba] Segmentation fault

Kevin Smith ksmith at perfht.com
Fri Feb 21 14:24:19 GMT 2003

I was trying to get SMB_PAM to authenticate new users, and thought Ii
figured it out, typed "passwd testuser" and I get a segmentation fault back.
I tried rebooting (old habits die hard) with no luck. I was Googling and
found a few things, but (as always it seems) were unanswered or were "I have
that same problem...." type messages.
My server is RH7.3, Samba 2.2.7a, the newest Pam_smb from the website.
I followed the directions with the tarball and on the site (which are
slightly different) with identical results.
/var/log/messages says "Opening Session for user testuser" then promptly
closes it.
The /etc/login file seems pretty straight forward,  just cant get much
feedback to debug it properly.
Any help/direction would be appreciated.

Kev