[Samba] Encrypted Password/Auth Problem?

Khanh Tran khanh at slc.edu
Fri Feb 21 14:05:38 GMT 2003

Here's one that's been bugging me for days.

I have two Win2k workstations.  One can still map a drive to my Samba
server, but the other can't.  The one that can't used to for a while, but I
must have changed something on it recently so that now it can't.  The one
that works is a workstation I rarely use, so that's probably why it still
works, but proves there's no network/server problem.

I think I may not be sending the password the way the server expects it
because I know I'm typing the correct password, but I can't quite figure out
what's going on.  My log shows only:

[2003/02/21 09:02:44, 1] smbd/reply.c:reply_sesssetup_and_X(989)
  Rejecting user 'khanh': authentication failed
[2003/02/21 09:03:06, 1] smbd/service.c:close_cnum(690)

Any help is appreciated!

Khanh Tran
Network Operations
Sarah Lawrence College