[Samba] cannot delete non-empty directory

André Weidemann Andre.Weidemann at web.de
Fri Feb 21 14:00:27 GMT 2003

Hi,
I have the following problem.
I'm sitting on a WinXP comp and want to delete a non-empty directory out
  of my [Home] share.
I am using samba 2.2.7a on a Suse8.0 and I installed the rpms from
http://de.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/SuSE/i386/8.0/
I did useradd -a for the appropriate user and I can access my Home-Dir
and read and write to it.
I put my smb.conf at the end of the mail (see below).
Unfortunately I cannot delete non-empty directories.
If I delete every file and directory inside a directory I can finally
delete it...
What am I doing wrong?
What do I have to do to get rid of this "feature"?

  André.

smb.conf
--->
# Global parameters