[Samba] Using working devmode from windows clients on samba server?

daniel.jarboe at custserv.com daniel.jarboe at custserv.com
Fri Feb 21 12:13:21 GMT 2003

> > Any luck with this?
>
> Not yet.  Sorry.  Give me till Monday.
>
> > Also, "remote Samba printer" means the actual samba printer, not one
> > installed on the client, right?  So I could give the remote Samba
> > printer a working devmode on the server and *new* clients can do the
> > automatic driver download and have a working devmode already set?
>
> Yup.

Question again... once this is complete, will the copied devmode be set
for new printers when admin selects the driver from the drop down box
(Properties, Advanced tab, Driver:), or would admin need to run your
program to copy a devmode each time the new print share is created?

Thanks,
~ Daniel

This message is the property of Time Inc. or its affiliates. It may be
legally privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the use
of the addressee(s). No addressee should forward, print, copy, or
otherwise reproduce this message in any manner that would allow it to be
viewed by any individual not originally listed as a recipient. If the
notified that any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information
herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.
Thank you.