[Samba] How to protocol file changes, deletions

V. Manns commonmail at vmonline.de
Fri Feb 21 11:36:12 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I am new to this list and have a particular problem, which I cannot get
info on:

We have several departments and those have rw access to their respective
shares. Every once in a while, users inadvertently delete a directory
and somebody will eventually contact me to restore this directory from
the backup.

I would really like to find out who is deleting such directories or
files as to correct the situation through training or otherwise.

Can this be done by changing the log level or do I need secondary
software to monitor such changes / deletions?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Cheers from Munich,

vmanns