[Samba] domain users in local groups with Winbind/Samba/Redhat

Matthias Rutzki mrutzki at gmx.de
Fri Feb 21 09:37:20 GMT 2003

Hi all,

>Sorry to mislead you, but I hope you're on the right
>track now.
No problem.Your answer was the first thing which really helps me on my
project.

>>My problem is, my server is in an NT 4 resource domain and I can't create
>>domain global groups with members from account domains in it.
I have the same problem....

Probably it works with NT global groups. But I don't have access to any PDC
in my domain. I can't assimilate the domain or even one global group in this
domain so that it suit my requirements.
I am working on a project which rebuilds an Windows NT Dataserver. Because
of cost and stability reasons we had the idea to migrate from Windows NT to
Linux/Samba.
Unfortunately the guidelines of this project contain things like comfortable
administration and a smoothly change between the systems. So after finishing
this project non-unix experts have to administrate this system. Without
local groups it doesn't seems to be very practical to accomplish this migration.
Probably we have to retain Windows NT.
Hopefully the local group feature will be available on Samba 3.0 at any
time.

Thank you very much for your help.
This saved me a lot of time.

Greetings