[Samba] XP needs ~30seconds to open network share

Leroy van Logchem Leroy.vanLogchem at wldelft.nl
Fri Feb 21 08:46:08 GMT 2003

> Try disabling the WebClient under services of the XP clients.  XP first
> tries to use webdav to connect to the share when that times out it will
> then use smb.

If that really improves the reconnection speeds when using deadtime for
example, please include this tip in the samba documentation. Near the
sign or seal registry tips would be a good place imo.

Did anyone test the difference in connection times? At my location we
use kixart scripts to connect to 10+ shares when logging on to the smb
PDC, any tips?

Regards,