[Samba] Does smbmount support timeout equivalent to nfs "soft" mount ?

Yanping Du ydu_linux at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 21 06:05:26 GMT 2003

Greg,
  Thanks for your kind reply.
   Sorry in my previous email I did not make the details clear.  I wish I could set an entry to /etc/fstab, but my problem is the CIFS server IP, remote dir-name and local mount point are all dynamic - they will only be specified in "mount" command as mount options. :-(
   Now I tend to think there's no easy way to do it.
   thanks again,
yanping

 Greg Freemyer <freemyer at NorcrossGroup.com> wrote:>> BTW, Windows share needs to be mounted in real time, instead of Linux
>> boot time. So possibly I could not put it to /etc/fstab.

Leave it in fstab, but say noauto in the options section