[Samba] Is it possible to specify Username/Password in a UNC when connecting to a samba server from W2K?

Steve Williams swilliams at rinax.com
Fri Feb 21 01:15:45 GMT 2003

Hi,

Not a Samba question specifically, so please forgive me, but somewhat
related...

I am trying to automate some tasks in a secure environment (restricted
ipsec vpn).  Running Windows 2000 (and XP, etc), I would like to be able
to access a Samba server using the UNC, but specify a username/password
combination as well.

You know, in Windows Explorer it allows you to "Connect using a
different user name".

Is there any way to specify this at the UNC?  or any other way at all?

I'm trying to avoid having to do a net use command...

Thanks,
Steve Williams
Rinax Computer Systems