[Samba] Samba-LDAP too imature for production?

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Thu Feb 20 23:19:18 GMT 2003

/On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 15:23, Jim wrote:
> 2.2.7a
>
> It seems that samba-ldap is still to immature for any kind of production
> environment.  The provided Perl scripts simply do not work with the 'add
> user script' setting or if they do, then there is an an undocumented
> bug, issue, etc.   The scripts work fine from the command line but
> aparently samba won't execute them properly.  Since I cannot expect my
> users to understand enough of the vagaries of Unix to log in with ssh
> and add thier machines to the system I don't see how samba-ldap can be
> implemented in a production environment.
well - i use the smbldap-tools in production...
are you sure you have the permissions right?

        add user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -a -m %u
        delete user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-userdel.pl %u
        add group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupadd.pl %g
        delete group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupdel.pl %g
        add user to group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod.pl -m %u
%g
        delete user from group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod.pl -x
%u %g
        add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -w -n %u
(this is samba3 but i used to have it working on samba 2.2.5 too)

brad

--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>