[Samba] updated: managing acl's via windows in samba 3.0 alpha 21

Rick Segeberg rick.segeberg at waterford.org
Thu Feb 20 18:15:46 GMT 2003

Update:

Just for my personal assurance, I decided to recompile samba again
making sure to use the parameters I thought I had used the first time
(./configure --with-winbind --with-acl-support --with-ads
--with-smbmount).  Without changing any of my configs, I restarted samba
and winbind.

One trick: to change rights on a file, you must own it or be root.  This
is where the "force user = root" comes in handy, but obviously you need
to be very careful who can use that share.

Problem solved.

Rick Segeberg
Provo Site Manager, IT Department
The Waterford Institute