[Samba] Solaris, Samba and Windows XP Home ed

Wilfred J G Francis Wilfred.Francis at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 20 15:16:37 GMT 2003

Am having problems connecting a Windows XP Home Edition PC to
Solaris(V4) via Samba (V0.9??). We can connect all other Windows
operating systems without any problems. Would anyone know of a fix. I
know  Kansas State University, USA, advised its users in May
2002(www.ksu.edu/cns/announce/20020507xphome.html), not to bother with
XP Home. Link explains why. Just wondering if there has been a fix since
then or should I be giving my department users the same advise.

We have just taken delivery of a new server onto which I will be
installing Solaris 8 with Samba 1.3, should I expect the same problem?

I do apologise if this has already been aired and would appreciate a
pointer towards those mailings.

Thanks
8-)>
Wilfred