[Samba] Domain Logons

Manjunath H N manjunath at iwavesystems.com
Thu Feb 20 07:04:19 GMT 2003

Hello All,

I get this error when a machine is switched off & turned on the next morning while logging on to the domain, it gives an error stating that "cannot log you on to the domain as no domain controller found.

This is event log on NT4.0 WS
Failed to authenticate with \\SERVER, a Windows NT domain controller for domain IWAVESYS.
Event ID 3210

But when I rejoin the m/c to the domain it works, After which I restart it can login to the domain but after a time gap of 10 hours or more I get these error messages.

I got this help from the Microsoft web site saying to modify the registry
The system could not log you on to this domain because the system's computer account in its primary domain is missing or the password on that account is incorrect.

Use Regedt32 to navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\RPC\SecurityService

Verify the following:

Value Name: 68
Data Type: REG_SZ
Data Value: netlogon.dll
I have done this but still I am getting this error anybody had faced this problem.
TIA
Manjunath H N

DISCLAIMER:

This e-mail and any attachment (s) is for authorised use by the intended recipient (s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to the legal privilege of iWave Systems Technologies Private Limited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from retaining, using, copying, alerting or disclosing the content of this message. Thank you for your co-operation.