[Samba] Auto Mounting home directory using samba

Zoki zoki at linuxix.2y.net
Wed Feb 19 17:09:28 GMT 2003

Le 04/01/2003 19:25, « Rob Keeling » <rob at rjkeeling.freeserve.co.uk> a
écrit :

> Looks like I may have been vague with the question. Rather than mounting the
> Unix
> home dir on a windows machine I need to intergrate a linux system into an
> existing NT domain
> so  need to mount the home directory from our NT 4 server on a linux box.
>
> Any ideas how to do this?

*** You either use a GUI to do it or you edit fstab and you run "netfs"
either manually or automatically at boot.

On a RedHat, netfs would be in /etc/init.d/netfs and you edit the services
through a console utility called "setup". Again only on a RedHat.

The line in fstab would look something like:

    [NT_HOST]:/ntshare/mydir    /home/mylinuxdir    smb     ... [options]...

Then on the console you would type:

    /etc/init.d/netfs start

I'm typing this at work and from memory. I can mail you the rest of the
options if you want, like how to send the username/passwd directly at mount.
You could also find it in the samba man/help pages.

Zoran.