[Samba] netbios broadcasts

Ted Gervais ve1drg at av.eastlink.ca
Wed Feb 19 20:06:43 GMT 2003

I notice that my samba setup is broadcasting lines of data which unfortunately
is going out over my axip network.  I and others on the nodebroadcasts are
seeing things like " \mailslot\browse .... and udp len 214
netbios-dgm->netmios-dgm Data 206.....  etcc.

This is going out with my routes/node broadcasts and is not helpful to others
using my nodes lists.    My question here is how do I stop that.  At least,
how can I stop these broadcast  from others seeing them.  I believe there is
a port I can turn off that will stop that?  Have no idea about that, but was
told that maybe that could be the approach.  Or is there a switch I can use
in the /etc/samba/smb.conf file??

--
T.L.Gervais
Coldbrook, NS