[Samba] Samba and BackupExec

Stephen Carville stephen at totalflood.com
Wed Feb 19 19:46:18 GMT 2003

I am using Veritas BackupExec to backup Exchange to a RAID -5 set on a samba
server.  These backups always fail on verify with. "An inconsistency was
encountered on the storage media".  The information store backup goes so far
as to mark the folder offline.  Two other machines back up to the folder with
no problems.

Veritas is claiming that samba is at fault and has to be upgraded,  However,
considering they told me this without even asking what version I am using, I
figure they are just pointing fingers and I wasted the price of the support
call.  So, is anyone aware of problems backing up and exchange server to a
samba share that would not affect other NT backups.

I am using samba 2.2.1a

--
Stephen Carville
UNIX and Network Administrator