[Samba] Phasing out windows

José Luis Tallón jltallon at adv-solutions.net
Wed Feb 19 19:21:31 GMT 2003

At 18:14 19/02/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 08:40:06AM +0000, pondiboy - wrote:

[snip]

> >   My exchange server is my PDC and ofcourse i would like to go in for 3
> > Linux Boxes as my additional Domain controllers. And use my Windows PDC
> > (Running Exchange 2000) for mails exchange.

While you do that PLEASE kick Exchange out if you can.

Postfix + Courier-IMAP + OpenLDAP will do exactly the same ( and it's FREE,
like beer and freedom )
It you *absolutely* need the "collaboration" features, you can try Ximian's
Connector.

> >   My company has a strength of 350 users. Could anyone out there give me
> > clear instructions as to how to go about.

Google for "Postfix + MySQL + Courier-IMAP"
and you will find a buch of HOWTOs ( can't remember exact URLs right now )