[Samba] nmbd daemon

Ranjit Pedapati ranjit at hp.com
Wed Feb 19 19:14:48 GMT 2003

Set the debug level to 10 in smb.conf and start the nmbd. Check from the log
file (/usr/local/samba/var/log.nmbd)

nmbd tries to bind to port 137 or 139 (can't remember which one) and the
most likely reason is some process may already be binding to that port.

Stop that process and restart nmbd. It will work.

- Ranjit