[Samba] Phasing out windows

Don Zajic donald.zajic at verizon.net
Wed Feb 19 14:17:02 GMT 2003

I must disagree with you.  Samba does handle encrypted passwords.  I
have been using that feature for at least two years if not longer.  I
have had WinNT, Win2K and WinXP clients authenticated by my samba server
for a long time.

The Win2K systems are pretty straight forward, the WinXP clients do need
a patch to the security, but that is easy to apply.

Don Zajic
Samba 2.2.7a (Domain Controller)
Clients, WinNT, Win2K and WinXP