[Samba] Thoughts for you geniuses

Esler, Joel Contractor EslerJ at RCERT-S.ARMY.MIL
Wed Feb 19 13:36:31 GMT 2003

Situation -- Samba 2.2.5, RedHat Linux 8.0
Domain -- W2K AD

After boot, I can go into Network Neighborhood, and I can see the name of
the computer.  When I double click on it it's unaccessible.  Also, I can't
see the network from the Linux box, I can ping it all, but I can't see it.

Where is the "network neighborhood" in Linux?  Also,  the big question...

I need, (upon boot) in runlevel 5, that the Linux box will authenticate with
the W2K Domain Controller, just like any Windows Client on the network.

Joel