[Samba] Phasing out windows

Adam Luchjenbroers Adam at Luchjenbroers.com
Wed Feb 19 11:08:43 GMT 2003

>   My company has a strength of 350 users. Could anyone out there give me
> clear instructions as to how to go about.

Well, I'm sure someone will come along and give you a precise description of
how to go about configuring Samba for that purpose. I can't really provide
specific help but I will recommend you print out and keep a copy of the SAMBA
project documentation handy as it contains many explanations and howtos that
may help you.

Provided the document hasn't been rewritten since I got my copy, you'll find
documentation for joining a Samba server to an NT domain as well as
information regarding how to adapt that process for 2k domains on pages
37-38. (edit: I've checked and its now page 43-44 in the printed document,
they've added a new section on mapping CUPS printers to windows shared
printers - page 48-49 in the actual PDF)

It can be found in the SAMBA documentation section listed as the
Samba-HOWTO-Collection.

http://au1.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good
with ketchup."