[Samba] RE: Samba and CUPS

James Nallen James.Nallen at may.ie
Wed Feb 19 09:36:58 GMT 2003

What was the exact "cupsaddsmb" you were using? From the "Warning"
message quoted I would guess you used
"cupsaddsmb -v printer_name"
or
"cupsaddsmb -v -a"

- I have used both of these commands. I still get the same error.

Either you don't have a printer with the name 'printer_name' at all,
or this printer (named via the "-a" for "all" paramenter) is a "raw"
printer and thusly doesn't have a PPD associated with it.

- This printer was configured in CUPS with a foomatic postscript driver.
(HP 4100 foomatic + postscript)

OK -- this means that your printer 'printer_name' is a "raw" printer
(if it exists at all).
What result do you get with
"cupsaddsmb -v ccsys4100"
???

I get the same error when I try this.

"Warning: No PPD file for printer "ccsys4100"!"

.
  Regards,
  James Nallen,
  Systems Progrmmer,