[Samba] The Big Plunge

Jean-Paul ARGUDO jean.paul.argudo at pack-solutions.com
Wed Feb 19 07:53:40 GMT 2003

> 1.  Will a Samba PDC establish trust relationships with NT PDCs?

Yes. But I a really reccomend you have all PDCs under Samba, since my
feeling is they are much stable an easier to manage than real M$ ones
:-) It's an advice, you can keep your PDC under NT if you want.

> 2.  What anti-virus software exists for Windows clients which will
> automatically grab signature updates from an internal server?

Dunno. All users here are under W2K with Norton Anti-virus auto-update
mode on... This works nicely and const about $60 USD -max price, you can
get cheaper with bundle licenses. I'm thinking about replacing this
costly solution and potentially risky (I need to trust Norton...) with a
centralized anti-virus software on samba shares...

> 3.  Do you mostly use scripts to manage users, or a GUI?

AFAIK, there are many GUI for you convenience (SWAT or SWAT module for
webmin...). I personaly prefer scripts.

> 4.  Is it LDAP/Samba integration possible?

Sure. This works really well, look at samba-ldap-tools.

My 2 cents.

--
Jean-Paul ARGUDO