[Samba] Worksatation Logon restriction

Kurt Weiss input.maillists at kwnet.at
Tue Feb 18 15:53:28 GMT 2003

Marco A R Henriques schrieb:
> Hi ALL,
>
> I'm trying to implement a workstation logon restriction policy (where I say
> that a user only logon on my domain from a specific station) through Samba

if u want a user specific logon restriction, u can implement with samba.
if u want a machine specific restriction (ip-adress) u can implement
this with samba or iptables (firewall)
if u want to restrict one user to one workstation, i can't tell u, if
it's possible. - i only can imagine, that u do not use domain logon, and
create only one user on this client. - so u can only login with this
user from this workstation.

> with Win 9X client machines, like Windows NT/2000 Servers.  Is it possible
> ?!? I found on some lists diff files to implement Time logon restriction,
> where I say what time my user can logon on my network, but nothing about
> workstation time restriction.

this will be possible (ip-adress) over iptables(firewall) and cron.