[Samba] more roaming profile issues

Gabriel Rocha gabe at seul.org
Tue Feb 18 13:44:02 GMT 2003

Gladly and with the help of this list, I have solved my previous problem
with Samba as a PDC. My new and improved problem is with the ntusers.ini
file. Which seems to be overwritten at each and every login. This creates
a problem in that that file lists directories to be excluded and THAT
list includes the Local Settings directory. In someone's infinite
wisdom, they decided to also keep outlook pst files in there and now my
users have a working outlook setup in one station, but if they move to
another the profile actually refuses to load that. The on kind of
solution I have found is to chattr the ntusers.ini file. But that
prevents any profile updates and isn't particularly acceptable. Any help
on this one would be super welcome. Once again, please CC me if replying
to the list as I am not subbed. Following is my smb.conf. Thanks again.
--Gabe

[global]

   workgroup = UNCC
   server string = UNCC File Server
   netbios name = FISH
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
   log level = 1
   syslog = 0
   security = user
   encrypt passwords = yes
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192 IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_KEEPALIVE
   wins support = yes
   time server = yes
   add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 -s /dev/null -M %u
   local master = yes
   os level = 64
   domain master = yes
   preferred master = yes
   domain logons = yes
   logon path = \\%L\%U\.profile
   logon drive = Q:
   logon script = scripts\%U.bat
   logon home = \\%L\%U
   utmp = yes
   hide unreadable = no
   dns proxy = no
   unix password sync = yes
   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
   passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .
   obey pam restrictions = yes
   preserve case = yes
   short preserve case = yes

   domain admin group = @uncc