[Samba] home directories on samba

Stand H hstandit at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 18 12:51:21 GMT 2003

Hi,

I want to implement home directories for all my users
on my linux box using only [homes] share. I dont want
to create 10000 shares for my 10000 users if I have
10000 users. When my users log on to his Windows and
use network neighborhood to browse network I want
samba to create a share which is that user's home
directory on linux on the fly. Please help me with
what should I put in my [homes] share and linux file
system permission I should set for their home
directory on linux.

I aslo want to do like I usually do on W$. I have one
folder called "users". I share it and in users folder
there are home directories for all users. I only share
users directory. Any users can open users directory
and see all other users' home directory but he/she
cant open other users' home directories. He/She can
only open his/her directory. Can I do like this on
Samba? Please give me the example if possible?

One more thing, there seem to be fewer Access Control
options than Windows, I call it ACL in W$. Is it
possible to implement ACL for any shares like ACL in
W$?

Thanks,

Stand