[Samba] add/delete/remame/move logging ?

Kurt Weiss input.maillists at kwnet.at
Tue Feb 18 10:49:21 GMT 2003

> samba server ?
> i've looked in the samba.log file (set at log, level 3) and found a LOT of
> logging but nothing about "add/delete" etc...

so, if u did not read my last answer, i'll post it again:

use a higher log level! - there will be all "open/close" incl. username
and file logged. - but this produces much data.

samba does not write "add/delete/..." but u can find it out over looking
at "open/close a.s.o." - this will be good enough to observe your users.

with one or two tests u'll find out in which order the keywords effect
which action.

man smb.conf -> looking for log level...