[Samba] Samba 302 alpha 2 PDC- set sid for the second server - smbgroupedit - net setlocalsid command

jean-marc pouchoulon jean-marc.pouchoulon at ac-montpellier.fr
Tue Feb 18 10:10:48 GMT 2003

Hi,

I had two logon server on Samba 302alpha on a domain DOM to provide
failover environment.
With smbgroupedit I can map domain group but I must using
"net setlocalsid MY-SID-DOMAIN" on the second server to map the same
domains groups with domain SID on the two server.

On the other hands I can see  "net rpc getsid" command that fetch the
domain sid into the local secrets.tdb.

If I set a localSID, different from domainSID i have:

smbgroupedit -s
pdb_generate_sam_sid: Mismatched SIDs as a pdc/bdc.

Is there is a problem to have identical local sid on two differents
server ?
Does I use the good way to provide failover?

Thanks.