[Samba] Problems with the Perl scripts smbldap-tools

Jim jcllings at tsunamicomm.net
Tue Feb 18 06:27:31 GMT 2003

I can't get the Perl script that is commonly used in the 'add user
script' line to work (smbldap-useradd.pl).  It works fine from the
command line but when I try to join a domain it will not add the new
computer.  If I add the computer manually I have no trouble joining the
domain.

I've tried both of the following lines:

add user script = /usr/bin/smbldap-useradd.pl -w -d /dev/null -g
Machines -c 'Machine Account' -s /bin/false %u

add user script = /usr/bin/smbldap-useradd.pl -w -d /dev/null -g
Machines -s /bin/false %u

Note that /usr/bin/smbldap-useradd.pl is a link.

This must be a common problem.  Can anyone enlighten me in regards to
who the usual suspects are?

Jim C.