[Samba] segmentation fault

Pedro Marques pedromarques at seara.com
Mon Feb 17 20:25:26 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I'm running Samba 2.2.3a on a SuSE Linux 7.0 machine as a domain controller
without any problems until now.

Everything works fine, except when I try to connect to my server via
smbmount (installed with SuSE 8.0, with samba 2.2.3a).

example:
# smbmount //server/share /mnt/servershare -o username=nome,password=pass

It takes a couple of seconds, and then the prompt comes up again, with no
errors, but when I do a ls on it, it'll hang for a moment and the come with
the error "segmentation fault".

If I use an invalid login, it'll give the usual bad password error.

Does anyone had a similar problem?
Thanks,

Pedro