[Samba] Difficulties getting Windows 2000 and NT working with Samba on Redhat 8

Roger Harden roger.harden at telinco.co.uk
Mon Feb 17 18:40:46 GMT 2003

Having set up the Windows clients and Samba (version 2.2.5-10) with a 'tmp' share the share cannot be accessed from the Windows clients.

On the Windows clients, after attempting to map a network drive to the Samba share using Windows Explorer the message
 'No service is operating at the destination network endpoint on the remote system'
is diplayed.

I believe I have checked all the settings and get the smb prompt successfully on the Samba server using the Windows user login using  'smbclient //server/tmp -U username'
after inputting the required password.

Can someone please suggest what may be wrong?
Regards
Roger Harden