[Samba] win9x-cachehandling.reg

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Mon Feb 17 17:52:00 GMT 2003

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Dariusz Knap wrote:

> Why should I install win9x-cachehandling.reg.

How can we possibly answer your question? We do not know what software you
are trying to run that might need this option.

If the intent of your question is to ask: "What does this registry change
do? When should it be used?" The answer to that question is that in 1999
one of my customers had a financial business application that could not
work with the default setting for this registry key on MS Windows 98. This
registry change worked around the problem until an application update was
shipped to all software users. I do not know of any software that today
requires this change.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra