[Samba] SAMBA PDC, WinXP SP1 - config attached!

Nolan Garrett confed16 at myexcel.com
Mon Feb 17 21:50:07 GMT 2003

I am a SAMBA newbie, although I have spent many days perusing the newgroups
and web for information before I posted my problem. I appreciate any time
you put into helping me out. Here's my situation:

I can log on to the domain with my WinXP non-SP1 machine, works just fine,
no problems at all. However, if I try to use either of my SP1 machines,
here is what I get:

Windows cannot connect to the domain, either becuse the domain controller is
down or otherwise unavailable, or because your computer account was not
found. Please try again later. If this message continues to appear, contact
your system administrator for assistance.

I have done the following:
1) Applied the requiresignorseal registry patch to both machines
2) Used gpedit.msc to enable the setting to ignore profile directories not
owned by user

At this point, I am at a loss. I do have another problem that may or may not
be related. If I try to view another machines shares other than the PDC
shares, I get a message stating that I cannot access the network resource
because "The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary
domain failed".

Attached is my config. Any help you can give me would be much appreciated!

--
Nolan Garrett

[global]
        logon script = %U.bat
        log level = 3
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
        load printers = yes
        passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *Retype*new*UNIX*password
* %n\n *Enter*new*UNIX*password* %n\n *Retype*new*UNIX*password* %n\n *p
asswd: *all*authentication*tokens*updated*successfully*
        admin users = root chrisg alyssag rickg nolan danielleg
        logon drive = H:
        domain master = yes
        encrypt passwords = yes
        hosts allow = 192.168.0. 127.
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        logon home = \\main\%U\.profile
        wins support = yes
        dns proxy = no
        netbios name = main
        server string = Samba Server %v
        printing = cups
        unix password sync = yes
        logon path = \\main\profiles\%U
        os level = 99
        add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g machines -s
/bin/false -M %u
        printcap name = lpstat
        security = user
        max log size = 50
        domain logons = yes
        domain admin group = @admins

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   writable = yes

[netlogon]
   comment = Network Logon Service
   path = /var/lib/samba/netlogon
   read only = yes
   write list = root nolan

[profiles]
    path = /var/lib/samba/profiles
    browseable = no
    guest ok = yes
    writeable = yes
    create mask = 0600
    directory mask = 0700
    map archive = yes
    map system = yes
    map hidden = yes

; the three settings below I set one at a time, because I saw
; them being used in others configs that worked... not really sure
; what they do or if they are necessary
    profile acls = yes
    nt acl support = yes
    csc policy = disable

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
   browseable = no
   guest ok = yes
   writable = no
   printable = yes
   create mode = 0700
   print command = lpr-cups -P %p -o raw %s -r

[print$]
   path = /var/lib/samba/printers
   browseable = yes
   read only = yes